NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – Five people were hospitalized Friday morning after dozens were exposed to a “vapor cloud” of chemicals at a pool in New Jersey.
Police said 27 people, most of them children taking swimming lessons, were exposed to the chemical cloud at the Glacier Hills Association pool in Parsippany shortly before 9:30 a.m.
A preliminary investigation found the chemicals were a mixture of chlorine and muriatic acid, police said.
Morris County HazMat was among the agencies that responded to the scene.
Police said the incident was under investigation and that there was no danger to the surrounding community.