1. UPDATE ON PILOT MOUNTAIN FIRE: (7:30 AM) Firefighters are taking a defense stance around the fire as there is very little they can do today due to ha high wind alert that will make any fire very easy to spread. At the moment, the Mayor of Pilot Mountain is asking people to donate bottled water, stacks and small food item to the Pilot Knob fire department. They can drop these items off at the station located on Key Street.
2. Krispy Kreme has launched its holiday doughnuts! Here is the description:
- Poppy Penguin Doughnut is filled with Original Kreme, dipped in icing and blue sanding sugar, decorated with Kreme™ and a penguin fondant piece.
- Snowman Smile Doughnut is an Original Glazed Doughnut dipped in white icing and decorated like a snowman with icing and a fondant piece.
- Snowy Sprinkle Doughnut is an Original Glazed doughnut dipped in blue icing and topped with a snowflake sprinkle blend.
- Santa Belly Doughnut is filled with Chocolate Kreme, dipped in red icing, and decorated like the Big Guy with icing and a belt fondant piece.
- Chocolate Iced with Holiday Sprinkles Doughnut is an Original Glazed doughnut dipped in chocolate icing and topped with a holiday sprinkle blend.
3. On this date in 1775, Invisible ink was used for the first time.
4. It's National Square Dancing Day.
5. (Fun Fact): Those tiny sugar ball "sprinkles" are called "hundreds and thousands" in Australia and the United Kingdom.