94.1 The Sound has your guide to local Martin Luther King Jr. Day activities to celebrate this important holiday.
Here are a list of events happening in the Greater Seattle Area so you can celebrate MLK Day in your community!
- Seattle MLK Coalition 40th Annual MLK March @ Garfield High School
The Seattle MLK Coalition is holding a series of events celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. including youth events, a job fair, and virtual activities leading up to the holiday. The celebration ends with a march on MLK Day beginning at Garfield High School at 12:30pm.
- Washington State History Museum - Celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (Virtual Event)
Celebrate MLK Day through the arts involving a virtual art-making activity inspired by Dr. King's visit with artist Valencia Carroll, digital experience detailing Dr. King's visit to Washington in 1961, and the Living Voices organization's performance of "The Right To Dream."
- MLK Jr. Day of Service @ South Rose Hill Park in Kirkland (In-person, registration required)
Help the Green Kirkland Partnership restore South Rose Hill Park as an act of service in honor of MLK Day! Volunteers will be restoring critical habitat by removing invasive blackberry and ivy, and replacing them with native plants. Tools and training provided!
- World Relief Seattle - Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service @ Paradise Parking Plots in Kent (In-person, registration required)
Join World Relief Seattle at Paradise Parking Plots community garden for a MLK Day of Service and help with various off-season garden tasks like composting, removing invasive plants, and mulching.
- Celebrate MLK Day at the Park with Friends of Lake Sammamish State Park (Register now)
Join Friends of Lake Sammamish State Park for their MLK walk beginning at Tibbets Beach. The walk will take you along the lakeshore to the Sunset Beach bathhouse and will include lessons about Dr. king's life and dreams, along with quotes from his many civil rights speeches.