NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Digest this: Nearly 1.5 million New York City residents will struggle to put food on the table this year, according to the non-profit charity WhyHunger. (And nationally, more than 33.8 million Americans, including over 9 million children, are in that situation.)
Audacy -- the corporate parent of NYC stations 1010 WINS, WCBS 880, WFAN, WCBS-FM, NEW 102.7 and 94.7 The Block -- has teamed up with NYC-based WhyHunger to support it's 2022 Hungerthon.
So what's Hungerthon? It's an initiative where radio personalities, listeners and celebrity supporters (think Bruce Springsteen and Yoko Ono Lennon) join forces to end hunger through online auctions, social media activation, radio broadcasts and donations. Since launching over three decades ago, Hungerthon has "raised millions of dollars to fuel lasting solutions to hunger across America," according to the charity.
Here's how to join Audacy in taking action now to end hunger:
● DONATE ONLINE: Visit hungerthon.org
● GIVE A GIFT WITH MEANING: Donate and select from the signature line of meaningful Hungerthon gifts, including a Bruce Springsteen "From My Home to Yours" bandana, hoodie and t-shirt; a John Lennon "Imagine There's No Hunger" t-shirt and knit set, and a WhyHunger bucket hat.
● BID: Win exclusive celebrity auction items and priceless experiences from your favorite musicians, athletes, Audacy hosts and personalities.
1010 WINS AUCTION ITEMS
● Meet 1010 WINS Reporter Juliet Papa in NYC
● Record a Newscast & Have Breakfast with the 1010 WINS Morning Crew in NYC
● Record Your Own 1010 WINS Newscast & Meet Larry Mullins in NYC
● Record Your Own Sportscast with 1010 WINS Sports Director Marc Ernay in NYC
WCBS 880 AUCTION ITEMS
● Attend a Mets Game with Tom Kaminski and Craig Allen & Visit the Field and the Broadcast Booth
● Sit in the Booth During a Mets Radio Pregame Show and Attend the Game
● Meet WCBS 880 Mets Radio Broadcasters Howie Rose & Wayne Randazzo via Zoom
● Visit the New York Transit Museum with WCBS 880's Todd Glickman & Charlie Pellett in Brooklyn, NY
● Tour the National Weather Service Office with WCBS 880 Meteorologist Craig Allen in Upton, NY
● Meet with New York Business Reporter Joe Connolly via Zoom
● Behind the Scenes Tour of WCBS Newsradio 880 Hosted by Wayne Cabot & Paul Murnane in NYC Plus Record a News Anchor Demo with Wayne & Paul
● College Coaching Session with Dr. Steve Kussin via Zoom
● Career Coaching Session with Jobs Coach Steven Greenberg via Zoom
● TUNE IN: Just ahead of Thanksgiving, on Tuesday, Nov. 22nd, WhyHunger will host its annual LiveHungerthon Day on Audacy stations featuring interviews, auctions, exclusive Hungerthon merchandise and more. Donations are accepted online at Hungerthon.org, or, on Nov. 22 only, via our live Hungerthon hotline at 1-800-5-HUNGRY
● BE A SOCIAL MEDIA AMBASSADOR: Join us in spreading the word online using the hashtags #Hungerthon and #GiveThanksgiving