(SportsRadio 610) - The Texans are three days away from their first preseason game against the New Orleans Saints at NRG Stadium.
Our SportsRadio 610 crew was at practice again Wednesday and here are a few observations:
1. Vince Wilfork was at practice today, one of the most beloved Texans in recent history and he’s slimmed down BIG TIME since his playing days.
2. Connor Wedington is at the top of my list of intriguing late-game watches Sunday.
3. Nico Collins beat Derek Stingley inside on a one-on-one rep, but one-on-one drills are pro receiver. Stingley has established himself as a must-watch when he’s participating in a drill, the media types perk up when #24 is out there.
4. Antony Auclair was back on the field today, which is perfect timing for him given the trade general manager Nick Caserio made Tuesday.
5. Phillip Dorsett hasn’t had a bad day of practice after being sidelined early in camp. They are moving him to different places and he’s sticking out. He had a TD in red zone on a slant from Davis Mills.
6. Stingley had a near pick-six of Mills on a rep when he was lined up against Cooks. It was a great play to break up the pass, would’ve been a really great play if he’d housed it.
7. Sloppy would be the best way to describe the offense today.
8. Fullback Troy Hairston had a TD in 11-on-11. He’s on the outside looking in on the fullback depth chart, but passing to the fullback has been a thing the last couple days.
9. Mills has struggled with the deep ball during camp, but hit Cooks on a dime for a 30+ yard dime.
10. After a sluggish start the end of practice was very spirited and competitive.