Where can my stations be heard?
• Smart speakers: Amazon Alexa, Google Nest Speakers, Apple HomePod, Samsung Bixby
• Wireless Speakers: Sonos, Roku Wireless Speakers
• Web & Mobile: Apple, Android
• In Car: hundreds of car models compatible with: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay
• OTT & Streaming: Roku, Comcast X1, LG Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV
• Wearables: Apple Watch via Siri
Is there a cost to put my stations on Audacy?
Nope, not a single penny. It's definitely free. As in FREE.
What does Audacy expect from stations?
We’d love for you to throw a little love our way and tell your listeners to listen to your station anytime, anywhere on Audacy!
How will listeners find my station on Audacy?
Most recent stations and listener “Favorites” are always listed first on the Audacy app. Telling your listeners to “favorite” your station on the Audacy app will put your station front and center every time they open the app! On smart speakers, listeners will be able to ask for your station by name. Pretty sweet, right?! And your stations will be searchable on hundreds of connected devices, as well. Huge!
What streaming formats does Audacy accept?
Audacy accepts streams delivered via Shoutcast, Icecast, PLS and/or HLS. These are all common streaming formats. We do require that Streams are delivered via HTTPS. Streams need to be encoded as an AAC variety at 32-128Kbps (AAC, AAC+, HE AAC v2). We want your stream to be available on as many devices as possible and AAC encoding is the most widely accepted.
Troubleshooting: Why is Audacy not accepting my stream?
Prior to submitting your stream, you can try testing the URL in a free media player such as VLC. Typically if the stream plays, then we’ll be able to play it on Audacy.
Here are some of the most common reasons why a stream submitted is rejected:
• Streaming URL is not secure. If your streaming link does not use HTTPS then chances are, we cannot accept it. Check with your streaming provider to confirm. If you’re looking for a new streaming provider, AmperWave would be happy to help you out!
• Invalid delivery format. We require that your stream is delivered via Shoutcast, Icecast, PLS and/or HLS. Check with your streaming provider to confirm. If you’re looking for a new streaming provider, AmperWave would be happy to help you out!
• Incorrect URL. For example, sometimes stations upload the link to their web player or website. This will not work. We require the raw streaming link. These often have a suffix such as .aac, .mp3, .m3u8. However sometimes Shoutcast streams do not have a suffix.
• Restricted URL requiring either a password or token to access. Check with your streaming provider to see if this is the case. Some providers restrict access to streams outside their platform, though they may offer premium services that remove this restriction. If you’re looking for a new streaming provider, AmperWave would be happy to help you out!
• Streaming URL not compatible. Audacy continues to improve our streaming compatibility, but it may be necessary to ask your streaming provider for a compatible format.