Tom Hanks is feeling brazen in his post-COVID recovery.
Hanks, who was one of the first stars to test positive for COVID-19 in March, recently spoke to The Guardian in promotion his new WWII film “Greyhound,” which comes out on Friday on Apple TV+.
During the interview, Hanks remarked that he received special virtual interview instructions from what he cheekily termed his “cruel whipmasters at Apple.”
The “Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” star said he was told to use a blank wall as his background, presumably so journalists wouldn’t scrutinize anything on view in the background.
Hanks also joked that with the background, he looked like he’s in a “witness protection programme.”
“But here I am,” he continued, “bowing to the needs of Apple TV.”
The 63-year-old actor also lamented the fact that the film, which he wrote and produced in addition to starring in, wouldn’t be playing in theaters due to COVID-19 shutdowns, calling it an “absolutely heartbreak.”
"I don't mean to make angry my Apple overlords, but there is a difference in picture and sound quality," Hanks said of streaming the film at home versus watching it on the big screen.
On Tuesday, in his first TV interview since recovering from coronavirus with “Today,” Hanks emphatically wondered why some people aren’t taking the effects of the pandemic seriously, saying, “The idea of doing one’s part should be so simple.”
The remarks echoed sentiments he made last week when he said “shame on you” about individuals who don’t practice safety guidelines like wearing masks, washing hands or social distancing.
“Greyhound” is out Friday on Apple TV+.