About Hunger Action Month & 4 Corners Food Drive:
* September is Hunger Action Month, a time to stand together and raise awareness about the hunger crisis facing our nation and our community.
* Three Square Food Bank and Hunger Related Events are teaming up again with Audacy for the return of the 4 Corners Food Drive, September 26-29. Join local radio personalities during this live, multi-day fundraising event to support hundreds of thousands of Southern Nevadans facing hunger.
* It’s easy to get involved, and your participation can provide meals for our hungry neighbors. Visit threesquare.org/4corners to learn how you can make a difference in the fight against hunger.
Three Square also has some amazing auction items that you can put your donation towards including an Autographed Coldplay Guitar, Concert Residency Tickets from Live Nation, Doughnuts for a year from Pinkbox and much more! Click HERE to go to the online auction page. Auction ends at 11am (PT) on Friday, September 29, 2023. Online Auction sponsored by Findlay Toyota.
About Three Square / Food Insecurity stats:
* Three Square is Southern Nevada’s only food bank, and largest hunger relief organization, serving four counties – Clark, Lincoln, Esmeralda and Nye.
* According to Feeding America’s 2023 Map the Meal Gap study, one in eight Southern Nevadans struggles with hunger. That’s more than 274,000 people in our community who are food insecure, which includes nearly 94,000 children.
* One in six children lives in a food-insecure household.
* Food-insecure residents in Southern Nevada miss nearly six meals per week
* For every $1 donated, Three Square can provide up to three meals.
* Since opening in 2007, Three Square has provided more than 550 million pounds of food to hundreds of thousands of people in need and earned a reputation as one of the most efficient and effective food banks in the country
* Hunger doesn’t discriminate. Men, women, children, seniors, veterans and working families struggle every single day. Hunger also has no boundaries. Food insecurity exists in even every zip code in Southern Nevada.