When news began to spread earlier today that former Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin dropped his $100 million lawsuit against Marriott stemming from an issue at the Super Bowl, that a settlement had been reached.
That is not the case though, as Irvin and his team refiled the lawsuit in Arizona shortly afterwards.
hear 98.7 kluv now
Marriott previously filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, claiming that the case did not have jurisdiction in Texas, considering the event happened at a hotel near Phoenix, Arizona.
Per FOX 4, Irvin’s lawyer Levi McCathern says the lawsuit now specifically names four individuals as well as Marriott.
It’s been an incredible series of twists and turns, with Irvin being accused of inappropriate conduct with a hotel staff member, which subsequently led to Irvin being sent home by the NFL Network from covering the Super Bowl.
Much ado has been made of the security footage from the hotel, which Irvin believes will exonerate him.
Irvin's attorney say at this point, they only have one angle of the interaction, even though they expect more to be released.
In a court filing Friday, Marriott said Irvin made unwelcome sexual advances toward a female employee, allegations that McCathern said were "hogwash," and not supported by witnesses.
LISTEN on the Audacy App