ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - Cardinals fans, it's time to enjoy live baseball once again.
The St. Louis Cardinals will have 32% capacity at Busch Stadium this year. That number came after discussions between the team, the mayor's office, and local health officials.
“We are excited to have our fans back in the stands for the upcoming season,” said Bill DeWitt III, Team President. “We thank Mayor Lyda Krewson’s office, Health Director Dr. Fredrick Echols, and the City of St. Louis Health Department for partnering with us to develop a comprehensive reopening plan that complies with all City health directives and the League’s Return-to-Play Protocols.”
This is happening due to declining infection and posiitivity rates, along with social distancing and mask requirements at Busch Stadium. Here are the policies and protocols that will be in place:
• Socially-distanced seating: Guests will be seated in pods of four or less with a minimum distance of 6-feet between seating pods in all directions.
• Masks required: Masks will be required at all times in all areas of the stadium, including the seating bowl, unless guests are actively eating and drinking.
• Mobile-only ticketing: All game tickets will be delivered via the MLB Ballpark app, ensuring a touchless entry into the ballpark.
• Cashless transactions: Concession stands, kiosks and other retail transactions made in the stadium will be cashless and only offer credit and debit payment options. Debit cards will be available for purchase using cash with no service fees at a limited number of locations inside the stadium.
• Designated entry gates: Guests will be directed to enter and exit the stadium through one of six designated entry gates to expedite the process and limit crowding at any one entrance. A designated entry gate will be noted on each ticket. Guests will not be permitted to exit and re-enter the stadium
.• Bags not permitted: To reduce contamination and ensure touchless entry, bags will not be permitted to be brought in to Busch Stadium, except for medical or diaper bags.
• Hand sanitizer: Hand sanitizer dispensers will be widely available throughout the ballpark.
• Staff health screenings: All full-time employees and event staff will be subject to health and temperature screenings before entering the stadium.
“Busch Stadium’s vast open-air footprint, six entry gates and wide concourses gives us the ability to create the safest environment possible for guests to root on the Cardinals this year,” said Matt Gifford, Vice President of Stadium Operations. “We’ve all missed the fans at the ballpark and are confident that all fans will adhere to these policies for an outstanding game day experience.”
Tickets for April games go on sale soon. Cardinals season ticket holders have priority for the first two home stands. Then any remaining tickets will be sold to the general public on a date to be announced later.
Mayor Lyda Krewson said, “St. Louis at our very core is a baseball town, and I know our fans are ready to get back to Busch Stadium for another exciting season! Thank you to the entire Cardinals organization for working with us to develop a comprehensive and thoughtful reopening plan that prioritizes everyone’s health and safety.”
© 2021 KMOX (Entercom). All rights reserved