If you qualified for a Golden State Stimulus check but haven’t received it yet, your payment can arrive as soon as this week.
More than 1 million payments – valued at $857 million – will be sent to residents beginning Friday, the California Franchise Tax Board said. Payments will come in the form of direct deposit or a paper check in the mail.
Officials noted it could take a few days for the money to show up in bank accounts for those who chose direct deposit. For those who chose paper checks, it could take up to several weeks to arrive.
The tax board released the following timeline for the residents in the following zip codes who will have their checks mailed to them:
• 000-044: Oct. 6 through Oct.27
• 045-220: Oct. 18 through Nov. 5
• 221-375: Nov. 1 through Nov. 19
• 376-584: Nov. 15 through Dec. 3
• 585-719: Nov. 29 through Dec. 17
• 720-927: Dec. 13 through Dec. 31
• 928-999: Dec. 27 through Jan. 11, 2022
To find out whether you’re eligible for payment, click here.