The Padres announced on Sunday that Gallagher Square would undergo nearly $20 million in renovations in honor of Petco Park's upcoming 20th anniversary. According to the Padres, the renovations will "provide fans and the community with expanded amenities, and building on the decades-long commitment to deliver 'More than a Ballpark.'”
Some of the highlights of these renovations include:
- An improved, expansive playground and play area with equipment for a wider range of age groups and abilities
- Fenced, off-leash dog park
- Improved Play Ball Field
- Temporary Pickleball courts
- Enhanced noise mitigation measures during events
- Public art displays showcasing the talents of local artists
- New Tony Gwynn Terrace fan viewing deck, which can be used as a community picnic space during public hours
- Upgraded Entry Gate at 9th and J Street for improved security and accessibility during events
Check out the renderings of the renovated Gallagher Square below!
Download the Audacy app today!