Las Vegas, NV (KXNT) - Some Las Vegas -area hospitals are once again revising visitor policies amid a surge of COVID-19 cases.
Starting on Wednesday, Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican Hospitals will limit the number of people entering facilities to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Only one visitor will be allowed per day, per patient from 1 p.m.-6 p.m. All visitors will need to enter at the main entrance and wear an approved mask while in the hospital.
The policy will be in effect at the Siena, San Martin and Rose de Lima locations.
In addition to the change in visiting hours, hospital visitors must also go through a screening process, including a temperature check. Any visitors who show symptoms of the illness or a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be denied entry into the hospital.
Other visitation guidelines for certain medical units include:
- Emergency Department – one adult visitor, must leave if/when patient is admitted
- Surgical patients – one visitor, must depart when patient is called for procedure
- Pediatrics and NICU - one legal guardian at a time, overnight hours are permitted
- Labor and Delivery - one adult visitor for entire stay, overnight hours permitted
- Palliative Care - two adult visitors
No visitors under the age of 18 will be allowed.