Have you ever been to Sopchoppy, FL? Yes, that's a real place! Someone spent some quality time searching for the weirdest town name in all 50 states and here are some of my favorites and you can see all 50 names at Zippia:
1. Booger Hollow, Arkansas and Booger Hole, West Virginia
2. Number Eight, Missouri and Ninety Six, South Carolina
3. Paint Lick, Kentucky
4. Accident, Maryland (Be careful driving there!)
5. Satan's Kingdom, Massachusetts (Seriously?)
6. Dummer, New Hampshire (At least it's not spelled Dumber)
7. Handsome Eddy, New York
8. Dull, Ohio . . . Boring, Oregon . . . and Bland, Virginia (They don't sounds like the most exciting places to vacation.)
9. Aren't these sounds, not towns? Eek, Alaska . . . What Cheer, Iowa . . . Zap, North Dakota . . . and Ding Dong, Texas.
10. And of course, lots of animal names: Frog Eye, Alabama . . . Catfish Paradise, Arizona . . . Flea Hill, Delaware . . . Chicken Bristle, Illinois . . . Elephant Butte, New Mexico . . . Plenty Bears, South Dakota . . . Mosquitoville, Vermont . . . and Worms, Nebraska.