BreastCancer.org created Think Pink! Go Green! Guidelines booklet and checklist for healthier living. There are many 1Things you can do to help reduce the risk of breast cancer. Preventative & early detection are key factors when it comes to fighting breast cancer a deadly disease for so many women and men. Each one you is a Big Win 1Thing Win for all! Go Pink & Green ATX!
10 Tips for a Healthier Life for You and Mama Earth!
1. Eat real food - Say NO to processed food. YES to homemade , farmer's market, organic, locally grown / no pesticide foods
2. Choose healthier cooking methods- Prepare foods in ways to maintain and enhance their nutrients ... sautéing, stir-frying, roasting, baking, poaching, and steaming.
3. Use 'Green' household products - Use products that are Green / Organic that tend to be safer for you and the environment
4. Use safer personal care products - Use products that are made without fragrances, hormones, and preservatives.
5. Drink filtered tap water - Filtered better for you. Avoiding bottled water. Go for the reusable option. Better for the environment
6. Eat smaller meals more often. Balance. Nutritious foods. Avoid food waste.
7. Vitamin D is good for the body in moderation. Enjoy some outdoors time each day. Eco-friendly sunscreen is good for you and the environment too.
8. Manage your emotional stress. Taking care of your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
9. Get regular exercise. Walking & biking are excellent ways to travel / get around to burn some calories without causing a harmful carbon footprint.
10. Sleep well - striving for 8 hours a night is a good goal.