Bob Odenkirk says he’s ‘going to be OK’ after suffering a ‘small heart attack’

Bob Odenkirk
Photo credit Getty Images
By , Audacy

Bob Odenkirk has released a statement after suffering a "small heart attack” on the set of “Better Call Saul" earlier this week.

The 58-year-old took to Twitter to give a health update and to thank his fans for their support after being hospitalized.

Listen to your favorite music now on Audacy

“Hi. It’s Bob. Thank you. To my family and friends who have surrounded me this week. And for the outpouring of love from everyone who expressed concern and care for me. It’s overwhelming. But I feel the love and it means so much,” Odenkirk wrote on Friday.

“I had a small heart attack. But I’m going to be ok thanks to Rosa Estrada and the doctors who knew how to fix the blockage without surgery.”

He added: “Also, AMC and SONYs support and help throughout this has been next-level. I’m going to take a beat to recover but I’ll be back soon.”

On Tuesday, Odenkirk was filming on the show’s New Mexico set at the time of his medical emergency. According to TMZ, the star was rushed to the hospital around 11:30 a.m. in the morning.

The following day, Odenkirk was said to be awake and stable as he recovered in an Albuquerque hospital.

“Better Call Saul,” a spin-off of the wildly popular AMC series “Breaking Bad,” is currently filming its sixth and final season. A premiere date for the final season has yet to be announced.

Lights, camera, action! Get the latest updates on movies and television from The Reel Buzz on Audacy.com.

LISTEN on the Audacy App
Sign Up and Follow Audacy
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram