Drew Ramsey, M.D.: “It's really important for everybody with a brain to know how to feed it.”
Ramsey, a nutritional psychiatrist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the best underrated foods your brain loves, plus:
*How to actually grow more brain cells*
*Why you should have chocolate for breakfast*
*Why you don't have to sacrifice heart health for brain health*
*Why melatonin isn't just about sleep*
*How to upgrade your anchovy game & why you should*
Referenced in the episode:
- Ramsey's book, Eat To Beat Depression And Anxiety.
- Ramsey's discussion on how food affects your brain at mbg revitalize 2014.
- mbg Podcast episode #204, with Ramsey.
- mbg Podcast episode #90, with Ramsey.
- The SMILES trial.
- Ramsey's Nutritional Psychiatry Clinician Training course.
- Research showing the link between monounsaturated fats and depression risk.
- Amid our huge mental health epidemic, it's important to know you’re never alone. If you or someone you know are struggling and need support, you can always call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
Make sure to use the code DREW300 to receive $300 off of our functional nutrition coaching program, where you'll have access to 19 of the world's top doctors and experts, and over 30 hours of instruction. You'll learn all the ins and outs of functional nutrition and how food plays a major role in our overall well-being, especially when it comes to supporting our mental health. Learn more by visiting mindbodygreen.com/coaching.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.