When it comes to giving presents, sustainable minimalists understand that less is more and thoughtful is better. Indeed, minimalist holiday gift ideas don’t manifest themselves when walking the mall; you can’t find them by panic buying in the days leading up to Christmas, either.
Need some inspiration? Today I’m thrilled to turn the mic over to you the listeners as you offer up nearly 2 dozen non-consumer gifts for the holiday season.
Here’s a preview:
[2:20] Making (and preserving!) memories through experiences and photos
[5:20] 7 personalized DIY gift ideas (that will also be appreciated)
[9:15] 2 book-related minimalist gift ideas
[13:00] Creating new traditions as a means of buying less junk
[16:00] When in doubt, donate
[19:00] Thoughts on the “gift in a box” hack
* Yankee Swap rules
* Heifer International
* Did you know there’s a book based on THIS podcast? (Thank you for supporting my work!)
* Thank you to Greensbury Market for sponsoring this week’s episode! Use code PODCAST for 10% off your order of $50 or more.
* Thank you also to Ten Tree for sponsoring! Use code MINIMAL for 15% off your first order.
* Join our (free!) community here.
* Find your tribe. Sustainable Minimalists are on Facebook, Instagram + Pinterest.
* For even more minimalist gift ideas, check out this blog post from the archives.