Los Angeles Dodgers star pitcher Trevor Bauer's leave of absence from the team has reportedly been extended once again after a woman obtained a restraining order against him last month, claiming he'd sexually assaulted her.
Bauer will now be out at least through July 27 after the league and players association agreed to extend his administrative leave for an additional near-two weeks, according to Jeff Passan of ESPN.
Bauer was initially placed on seven-day leave on July 2, which was later extended an additional seven days.
Police and the league have confirmed their respective investigations of the allegations of sexual assault, which first surfaced late last month when a 27-year-old accuser was granted a temporary ex parte restraining order against Bauer. The woman said they had met twice and agreed to rough sex, but Bauer injured her while performing violent acts she had not consented to.
Bauer's representatives have forcefully denied the accusations. A court date was set for July 23, when Bauer would have his first opportunity to officially rebut the claims.
Earlier this month, a Pasadena Police lieutenant said they had received new leads in the investigation of Bauer, which was opened about six weeks prior, and was "bigger than we thought."
The alleged victim expressed frustration with the pace of the investigation in her petition for the restraining order, according to USA Today.
“I am deeply concerned that no arrest has been made or charges filed,’’ she said.
The Dodgers, who came under withering criticism for their apparent reluctance to take action after the allegations against Bauer first surfaced, have seemingly moved to distance themselves from the polarizing star since.
Last week, it was reported a Bauer bobblehead giveaway had been canceled at Dodger Stadium, while several of his Dodger teammates unfollowed him on social media.
The outspoken 2020 NL Cy Young Award winner signed a lucrative three-year contract with the Dodgers last offseason.