Dodgers star Trevor Bauer's court hearing over a restraining order granted against him has once again reportedly been delayed at the request of his lawyers.
The hearing was first postponed last Friday, when Bauer and a 27-year-old woman who accused him of sexual assault in a temporary ex parte restraining order both appeared in court.
The series of hearings was then rescheduled for Aug. 4, 5, and 19, but now instead will be Aug. 16-19 after another request from Bauer's team, ESPN reported on Wednesday.
Bauer has been on paid administrative leave since earlier this month, with the league and the players association having agreed to extend the seven-day absences on three occasions.
Police in Pasadena, California have confirmed a criminal investigation, and MLB has said it is conducting its own probe of the matter as well.
Bauer's lawyers have forcefully denied the allegations leveled in the domestic violence restraining order, which was granted without his response. The alleged victim claimed Bauer sexually assaulted her on two occasions after they had agreed to consensual rough sex. Bauer's lawyers denied the accuser's accounts of events, and said all interactions were fully consensual.
The case has potentially put the 2020 Cy Young Award winner's baseball future in serious jeopardy. Even if he is fully exonerated, MLB could still suspend Bauer under its joint domestic violence policy, as it did to Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias in 2019.
The Dodgers meanwhile have moved to distance themselves from the polarizing pitcher, cancelling a Bauer bobblehead giveaway and removing his jersey from their team store. As well, several of his Dodgers teammates unfollowed him on social media, and a Los Angeles Times report indicated many of them don't want him back on the team even if he's cleared.
The former Diamondbacks, Indians and Reds star signed a three-year, $100M deal with the Dodgers in the offseason, with the second and third years being options.