(SportsRadio 610) - The Texans are four days away from their first preseason game at NRG Stadium on Saturday against the New Orleans Saints.
These are some observations from Tuesday's practice:
1. Brandin Cooks was working more in the slot, it seemed. Last year he lined up in the slot about 24% of the time. Keep an eye on that number this year.
2. Art Briles, one of the best offensive coaches of my lifetime, was an observer at practice.
3. Connor Wedington (No. 82) keeps making big plays in practices. With the lack of WR depth it will be interesting to see how he performs in game situations, which begin on Saturday.
4. The depth chart will drop today and it will be Interesting to see what it looks like.
5. Max Sharping remains with the first-team at left guard.
6. There was a lot of underneath passing to the fullback today on offense. Will be interesting to see how much of presence, if any, the FB has in this offense.
7. Jonathan Owens had a nice pass breakup to the front of the pylon in red zone seven-on-seven drills.
8. Chad Beebe ended that portion of practice with a touchdown on a dive to the pylon.
9. Phillip Dorsett is going to be on this team. Outside of Cooks, he provides the most explosiveness. He had by far his best practice of camp.