(SportsRadio 610) - The Texans lost their seventh straight game Sunday, this time to Deshaun Watson's Cleveland Browns.
I took this one in from the stands. I’d rather be in the streets than with media types.
Here are some observations from the game:
1. There were a lot of Browns fans, but not as many as I thought there would be.
2. Kyle Allen throwing an interception on the first play of the game has to rank as one of the biggest buzz kills ever.
3. The hope was revived when the Texans forced the turnover and you could feel the crowd revived. It was so fun to hear and feel even a bit of hope.
4. Brevin Jordan getting a 15-yard penalty on a forced target for him is a good way for him to go back to being a healthy scratch.
5. Pep Hamilton should be fired. He threw the ball three times on 1st and goal from the three-yard line. He’s awful. Dameon Pierce didn’t touch the ball.
6. The defense bailed Pep’s silliness out, but I was so disgusted by that display at the three I couldn’t get over it.
7. Nick Caserio and Jack Easterby look extra shady in hindsight with the way they handled David Culley. The most connected people in the NFL I talk to agree. Caserio being willing to put his football life on the line with Jack is hilarious. Might not have been all Nick’s fault, but based on the info we have, he looks silly.
8. That punt return TD by Cleveland at the end of the first half was about poor tackling. Frank Ross does not coach that. I refuse to blame him for that.
9. I feel like there’s a legit chance Deshaun Watson might not be as good as he was early in his career. See: Russell Wilson
10. Kyle Allen should’ve thrown a pick-six at the end of the first half. This is the guy Pep trusts to throw three times inside the three.
11. Confession: Even the small taste of watching Watson run the Kubiak offense had me using my imagination.
12. Davis Mills should’ve been brought in for the second half for many reasons.
13. Is Caserio shady? He can’t put it off on Easterby because he has said they’re bros and has also talked crap about media misinformation. What’s true?
14. Again, I asked for this…
15. This was a Lovie Smith fired nail-in-the-coffin.