Trevor Bauer posts update in first video blog since allegations

75756A5E-120A-4932-810C-2FD980DB785E

We have not heard much from Trevor Bauer ever since allegations of assault surfaced following a sexual encounter with a woman earlier this year.

Yet, on the eve of the Los Angeles Dodgers wild-card game against the St. Louis Cardinals, the 30-year-old pitcher posted a video to his YouTube page providing an update to fans on his legal situation as well as social media presence.

Podcast Episode
Big Time Baseball
Postseason Prep
Listen Now
Now Playing
Now Playing

“I look forward to speaking about the false and materially misleading allegations in the future,” he says in the opening of the video. “For now, this is what I’m able to share with you: One legal matter has been resolved. The judge’s detailed decision is available and speaks for itself.

“There is a pending legal matter, which I am not able to speak about at this time.”

Bauer is likely referring to the decision in Los Angeles Superior Court in August when his accuser was denied a restraining order against Bauer.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office must now decide whether to move forward with the remainder of the case, which includes the completion of an investigation conducted by the Pasadena Police Department.

Meanwhile, Major League Baseball placed Bauer on administrative leave, which is not a disciplinary action, on July 2 and extended the leave throughout the regular reason as the league conducts its own independent investigation.

Bauer has remained quiet on the matter, tweeting just once — on Aug. 14 — in which he defended himself from a Washington Post story.

In Tuesday’s video blog, Bauer said he plans to post baseball content throughout the postseason.

“This is a channel here that celebrates baseball culture and entertain,” he said. “I love bringing you guys along with that ride with me. I’ll see you all in a video on here soon.”

LISTEN on the Audacy App
Sign Up and Follow Audacy Sports
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram