- Team USA will conclude their 2023 World Baseball Classic journey on Tuesday, March 21 at loanDepot Park in Miami, Florida against Team Japan in the championship.
- The matchup between Team USA and Team Japan will start at 6 p.m. CT.
- Team USA defeated Team Cuba 14-2 in their semifinal matchup Sunday to advance to the final.
- Team Japan won their semifinal tilt over Team Mexico in comeback fashion, with Munetaka Murakami delivering a walk-off two-run double in a 6-5 victory.
- The championship game will be televised nationally on FS1. You can stream the game on the FOX Sports app or FOXSports.com.
- Between a quarterfinal win over Team Venezuela and a semifinal victory over Team Cuba, Trea Turner has three home runs and eight RBIs.
- In six games for Team Japan during the WBC, Shohei Ohtani is slashing .450/.621/.800 with one home run, eight RBIs and nine walks.
- Imanaga Shota will start the game for Team Japan. The 29-year-old lefty has a 2.25 ERA in four innings so far during this tournament. Yu Darvish and potentially Ohtani are looming as relief options for manager Hideki Kuriyama.
- Merrill Kelly of the Arizona Diamondbacks will toe the rubber for Team USA. The 34-year-old has allowed two runs in three innings pitched in the WBC.
LISTEN NOW on the Audacy App
Sign Up and Follow Audacy Sports
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram