Team USA will continue their 2023 World Baseball Classic journey on Saturday, March 18 at LoanDepot Park in Miami, Florida against Team Venezuela in a quarterfinal.
- As the runner-up in Pool C, Team USA (3-1) will be road team against Team Venezuela, who won Pool D by going 4-0.
- The matchup between Team USA and Team Venezuela will start at 6 p.m. CT.
- The quarterfinal game will be televised nationally on FOX. You can stream the game on the FOX Sports app or FOXSports.com.
- The winner of the game will move on to face Team Cuba in a semifinal matchup on Sunday, March 19 at 6 p.m. CT in Miami.
- While Team Venezuela's lineup is loaded with Major League stars such as Jose Altuve, Ronald Acuña Jr., Miguel Cabrera and Salvador Perez, their best hitter to this point has been right fielder Anthony Santander. Santander -- who plays professionally for the Baltimore Orioles -- is slashing .462/.553/1.154 with two home runs and five RBIs in Venezuela's first four wins.
- Meanwhile, Team USA captain Mike Trout has excelled on the big stage, driving in six runs and walking five times so far. All-Star catchers J.T. Realmuto and Will Smith have alternated games behind the plate, with the former posting three hits and two RBIs in five at-bats so far. Smith -- who started in Team USA's most recent win over Colombia -- has just one hit in six at-bats, though the one was a solo home run.
LISTEN NOW on the Audacy App
Sign Up and Follow Audacy Sports
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram