Do you know someone who needs a little extra cheer for the holidays? Nominate them now for star 102's 12 Trees Of Christmas powered by The Cleveland Monsters. Starting Monday, November 20th, Jen and Tim will choose 12 families to receive a fresh cut Christmas Tree from Petitti's Garden Center and a $100 gift card to decorate it. Nominate below!
Contest Dates:November 17, 2023 at 7:00am ET through December 7, 2023 at 10:00am ET
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Audacy Ohio, LLC d/b/a WDOK (the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this Contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available on the Station’s website at https://www.audacy.com/star102cleveland. As a preventative measure in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, copies of the specific Contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules will not be available at the Station’s studio. To the extent the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the “Star 102 12 Trees of Christmas” contest (the “Contest”).
2. Eligible Nominees must both be eighteen (18) years of age or older and legally reside in Ohio as of the date of entry in this Contest (each a “Nominee”).
a. Individuals may make Nominations (each, a “Nominator”) starting at 7:00am (ET) on Friday, November 17, 2023 and ending at 11:59pm (ET) on Wednesday, December 6, 2023 by means of submissions to the Station by completing the form on the Station’s website by clicking on the "Nominate someone who needs a little extra cheer for the holidays to win a Christmas tree from The Cleveland Monsters and Petitti's Garden Center” page and submit all of the following materials:
i. Nominator’s contact information including Nominator’s full name, address of legal residence, phone number (including area code), date of birth, and e-mail address.
ii. The name, address, and telephone number (including area code) of the Nominee that you are nominating in this Contest; and
iii. A short essay in 200 words or less describing why Nominator would like to nominate someone who needs a little extra holiday cheer (each a “Nomination”).
1. Nominators may not nominate themselves.
2. Nominators are not eligible to win or receive a prize in this Contest.
3. Only the first 200 words of any essay submitted will be read (longer essays will not be disqualified).
b. By submitting an essay to the Station, each Nominator authorizes the Station to post such essay and/or Nominator’s and Nominee’s name to the Station’s website at www.star102cleveland.com and/or to read it on-air.
c. Station reserves the right to edit an essay in its sole discretion. Not all essays will be posted to the Station’s website and/or read on-air.
d. Essays need not be truthful. Station shall have no obligation whatsoever to verify the truthfulness or accuracy of any essay submitted in this Contest, even if such essay is submitted with an entry selected as the winning entry.
e. IT IS THE NOMINATOR’S RESPONSIBILITY PRIOR TO ENTERING THIS CONTEST TO OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF THE NOMINEE TO STATION READING/POSTING THE NOMINATORS’S NOMINATION WITH RESPECT TO THE NOMINEE’S OR OTHER PERSON’S NAME AND OR OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMINEE OR OTHER PERSON THAT NOMINATOR MAY ELECT TO INCLUDE IN SUCH ESSAY. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, NOMINATORS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS STATION AND ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM BY ANY PERSONS RELATING TO THE CONTENT OF THE ESSAY SUBMITTED BY THE NOMINATOR.
f. As part of the entry process, Nominator may be provided with an opportunity to opt-in to receive solicitations from, and/or to become a member/participate in clubs of (i.e., email clubs, text clubs, and rewards programs), the Participating Stations; provided, however, agreeing to receive such solicitations and/or accepting such membership is not a condition of entry into this Contest and will not increase your chances of winning.
3. By submitting a Nomination, Nominators and Nominees understand and agree that Station may elect to use any submitted Nomination for entertainment purposes on-air and may choose to “make fun” of any submitted Nomination. Nominators and Nominees waive any right to make any claim against Station, or any Contest sponsors with respect to any disparaging comment made on-air about a Nomination submitted by a Nominator, or in which the Nominee was the subject.
4. Essays submitted as Nominations in this Contest must be original works created by the person submitting such Nomination. In the event it comes to Station’s attention before or after Winner selection in this Contest that any such Nomination includes any plagiarized material, such Nominator and the affected Nominee shall be disqualified and any and all prizes will be forfeited.
5. Failure to submit all of the above items in one submission/Nomination will result in disqualification.
6. WHETHER OR NOT SELECTED AS A WINNER, ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF STATION AND MAY BE USED BY STATION (OR ITS SPONSORS) IN ANY MEDIUM IT DEEMS DESIRABLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO THE NOMINATOR OR NOMINEE.
How to Win
7. At approximately 5:00pm (ET) on the following dates: Friday, November 17, Monday, November 20, Tuesday, November 21, Wednesday, November 22, Monday, November 27, Tuesday, November 28, Wednesday, November 29, Thursday, November 30, Friday, December 1, Monday, December 4, Tuesday, December 5, and Wednesday, December 6. Station judges will review and judge all potential Nominations received (as described in Section 2 above) and based on any lawful criteria they deem desirable, and select up to one (1) Nominee as a Winner each day, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules (each a “Winner”). The Station will attempt to contact the Winner (meaning the Nominee) by telephone based on the number provided in the submitted Nomination.
8. Odds of winning the Prize in this Contest shall depend upon the number of entries received in the Contest. 9. PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO THE SELECTED NOMINEES WHO WILL BE THE ONLY PERSONS ACKNOWLEDGED AS WINNERS IN THIS CONTEST. THE NOMINEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO complete the necessary forms required by STATION (including, without limitation, acknowledgement of responsibility for taxes, PROOF OF AGE AND RESIDENCY) PRIOR TO RECEIVING THE PRIZE. WINNERS MUST RETURN ALL DOCUMENTS SENT TO THEM AND REQUIRED TO BE SIGNED BY THE STATION WITHIN 7 DAYS OF RECEIPT. PRIZES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AFTER STATION RECEIVES ALL OF THE REQUIRED PAPERWORK BACK IN A TIMELY FASHION. IN THE EVENT OF A FAILIURE BY A NOMINEE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE, TO collect the prize, or TO complete the forms by the deadline required by STATION, THE PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED UNLESS OTHERWISE DECIDED BY THE STATION IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. THE Station is NOT obligated to select a replacement NOMINEE (but reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion, time permitting). 10. Station has no obligation to notify a Nominator that their Nominee was selected as a winner. Station has the absolute and irrevocable right to notify the Nominee of the name of the Nominator(s) who nominated him/her.
11. Twelve (12) verified Winners will each receive the following “Prize”: One (1) certificate to Petitti’s Garden Center, good for (1) Fresh-Cut Fraser Fir Christmas Tree – winner’s choice of SKU 51366 (6-7ft, valued at $100) or SKU 51367 (7-8ft, valued at $139) based on availability. Valid at any of the 9 Petitti Garden Center locations. Trees are unlit and undecorated. TREE STANDS ARE NOT INCLUDED. Winners will also receive one (1) $100 Petitti Gift Cards – Applicable to merchandise throughout the entire store. Approximate Retail Value of Prize= $239.00 12. Nominators are not entitled to any award or prize in this Contest, even if their submission was selected as a winner and/or their Nominee rejects the prize, does not complete the require paperwork on time, or cannot be located.
13. The administrator and sponsor of this Contest are Audacy Ohio, LLC d/b/a WDOK and Petitti’s Garden Center.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
Otherwise, the WDOK general contest rules apply and are available by clicking HERE.