The Washington Football Team squeezed its way back into the playoff picture in the NFC, if only the bubble, with its 27-21 victory over the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.
At 4-6, Washington currently holds the 11th seed, four spots behind seventh-seeded New Orleans (5-5) for the third and final Wild Card spot in the conference. But Washington, if it can manage its third straight victory, has a chance to make some real headway in Week 12.
Below is the updated playoff picture in the NFC, following the Buccaneers' 30-10 victory over the Giants on Monday night:
NFC Playoff Picture
1. Arizona Cardinals (9-2), NFC West
2. Green Bay Packers (8-3), NFC North
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-3), NFC South
3. Dallas Cowboys (7-3), NFC East
5. Los Angeles Rams (7-3), second place in NFC West
6. Minnesota Vikings (5-5), second place in NFC North
7. New Orleans Saints (5-5), second place in NFC South
In The Hunt
8. San Francisco 49ers (5-5)
9. Philadelphia Eagles (5-6)
10. Carolina Panthers (5-6)
11. Washington Football Team (4-6)<