(670 The Score) The Bulls are getting reinforcements.
All Bulls players who were in the NBA's healthy and safety protocols recently have exited them and returned to practice Thursday, NBC Sports Chicago reported. That includes star guard Zach LaVine, who worked in team activities for the first time since he landed in the protocols on Dec. 12. The others to exit the protocols were guard Ayo Dosunmu, guard Matt Thomas, big man Alize Johnson and guard Devon Dotson. Wing Troy Brown Jr. had also recently gotten out of the protocols.
That news paves the way for LaVine and the others to return to game action when the Bulls host the Pacers on Sunday evening.
The Bulls went 2-0 in LaVine's absence, as star forward DeMar DeRozan returned from the protocols recently to help lift them to wins against the Lakers and Rockets. The Bulls also had had three games postponed in the past 10 days due to COVID-19 woes.
LaVine was asymptomatic during his stint in protocols and had been back on the court for a couple days before Thursday, he told reporters.
LaVine is averaging 26.0 points, which ranks sixth in the NBA. He's also adding 5.3 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game while shooting 39.1% from 3-point range.
Bulls guard Alex Caruso (foot) and forward Derrick Jones Jr. (hamstring) didn't practice Thursday due to their injuries, Donovan told reporters.

