99.5 WYCD wants you to nominate a teacher of the week! If you know a deserving Michigan teacher, tell us below in 200 words or less why they should be the WYCD teacher of the week. Each week a teacher will receive a pair of tickets to 99.5 WYCD's Ten Man Jam on February 15th, plus they will be invited to our end of the school year teacher of the week event at MusicTown Detroit where they will see a performance from a country music artist and have their chance to win more great prizes! The 99.5 WYCD teacher of the week is presented by Family Heating, Cooling and Electrical.
Contest Dates:November 20, 2023 at 12:00am ET through February 13, 2024 at 11:00am ET
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Audacy Michigan, LLC d/b/a WYCD (the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically
set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general
contest rules apply to this Contest as well. A copy of these specific contest
rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available on the Station’s
website at www.wycd.radio.com. As a preventative measure in light of the
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, copies of the specific Contest rules
and the Station’s general contest rules will not be available at the
Station’s studio. To the extent the general contest rules differ from these
rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the
“WYCD Teacher of the Week” contest (the “Contest”).
2. Eligible Nominees must both be eighteen (18) years of age or older and
legally reside in Michigan as of the date of entry in this Contest (each a
a. Individuals may make Nominations (each, a “Nominator”) starting at
12:00am (ET) on Monday, November 20, 2023 and ending at 6:00am (ET) on
Tuesday, February 13, 2024 by means of submissions to the Station by
completing the form on the Station’s website by clicking on the ‘Nominate your teacher for WYCD’s Teacher of the Week” page and submit all of the following materials:
i. Nominator’s contact information including Nominator’s full name,
address of legal residence, phone number (including area code), date of birth,
and e-mail address.
ii. The name, school name, school address, email, and telephone number (including area code) of the Nominee that you are nominating in this Contest; and
iii. A short essay in 200 words or less describing why Nominator
would like to nominate a Michigan teacher for WYCD’s Teacher of the Week (each a “Nomination”).
1. Nominators may not nominate themselves.
2. Nominators are not eligible to win or receive a prize in this Contest.
3. Only the first 200 words of any essay submitted will be read (longer
essays will not be disqualified).
b. By submitting an essay to the Station, each Nominator authorizes the
Station to post such essay and/or Nominator’s and Nominee’s name to the
Station’s website at www.WYCD.com and/or to read it on-air.
c. Station reserves the right to edit an essay in its sole discretion. Not all
essays will be posted to the Station’s website and/or read on-air.
d. Essays need not be truthful. Station shall have no obligation whatsoever
to verify the truthfulness or accuracy of any essay submitted in this Contest,
even if such essay is submitted with an entry selected as the winning entry.
e. IT IS THE NOMINATOR’S RESPONSIBILITY PRIOR TO ENTERING
THIS CONTEST TO OBTAIN THE CONSENT OF THE NOMINEE TO
STATION READING/POSTING THE NOMINATORS’S NOMINATION WITH
RESPECT TO THE NOMINEE’S OR OTHER PERSON’S NAME AND OR
OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE NOMINEE OR OTHER
PERSON THAT NOMINATOR MAY ELECT TO INCLUDE IN SUCH
ESSAY. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, NOMINATORS AGREE TO
INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS STATION AND ITS AFFILIATED
COMPANIES AND EMPLOYEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM BY
ANY PERSONS RELATING TO THE CONTENT OF THE ESSAY
SUBMITTED BY THE NOMINATOR.
f. As part of the entry process, Nominator may be provided with an
opportunity to opt-in to receive solicitations from, and/or to become a
member/participate in clubs of (i.e., email clubs, text clubs, and rewards
programs), the Participating Stations; provided, however, agreeing to receive
such solicitations and/or accepting such membership is not a condition of
entry into this Contest and will not increase your chances of winning.
3. By submitting a Nomination, Nominators and Nominees understand
and agree that Station may elect to use any submitted Nomination for
entertainment purposes on-air and may choose to “make fun” of any
submitted Nomination. Nominators and Nominees waive any right to
make any claim against Station, or any Contest sponsors with respect to
any disparaging comment made on-air about a Nomination submitted by
a Nominator, or in which the Nominee was the subject.
4. Essays submitted as Nominations in this Contest must be original works
created by the person submitting such Nomination. In the event it comes to
Station’s attention before or after Winner selection in this Contest that any
such Nomination includes any plagiarized material, such Nominator and the
affected Nominee shall be disqualified and any and all prizes will be forfeited.
5. Failure to submit all of the above items in one submission/Nomination will
result in disqualification.
6. WHETHER OR NOT SELECTED AS A WINNER, ALL ENTRIES
BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF STATION AND MAY BE USED BY
STATION (OR ITS SPONSORS) IN ANY MEDIUM IT DEEMS DESIRABLE
NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO THE
NOMINATOR OR NOMINEE.
How to Win
7. At approximately 11:00am (ET) on Tuesday, November 21, 2023, Wednesday, November 29, 2023, Wednesday, December 6, 2023, Wednesday, December 13, 2023, Wednesday, December 20, 2023, Wednesday, January 3, 2024, Wednesday, January 10, 2024, Wednesday, January 17, 2024, Wednesday, January 21, 2024, Wednesday, January 31, 2024, Wednesday, February 7, 2024, and Tuesday, February 13, 2024, station judges will review and judge all potential Nominations received (as described in Section 2 above) and based on any lawful criteria they deem desirable, and select one (1) Nominee as a Winner each week, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules (each a “Winner”). The Station will attempt to contact the Winner (meaning the Nominee) by telephone based on the number provided in the submitted Nomination.
8. Odds of winning the Prize in this Contest shall depend upon the number of
entries received in the Contest. 9. PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO THE
SELECTED NOMINEES WHO WILL BE THE ONLY PERSONS
ACKNOWLEDGED AS WINNERS IN THIS CONTEST. THE NOMINEES
WILL BE REQUIRED TO complete the necessary forms required by
STATION (including, without limitation, acknowledgement of responsibility for
taxes, PROOF OF AGE AND RESIDENCY) PRIOR TO RECEIVING THE
PRIZE. WINNERS MUST RETURN ALL DOCUMENTS SENT TO THEM
AND REQUIRED TO BE SIGNED BY THE STATION WITHIN 7 DAYS OF
RECEIPT. THE Station is NOT obligated to select a replacement NOMINEE (but reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion, time permitting). 10. Station has no obligation to notify a Nominator that their Nominee was selected as a winner. Station has the absolute and irrevocable
right to notify the Nominee of the name of the Nominator(s) who nominated
11. Twelve (12) verified Winners will each receive the following “Prize”: two (2) tickets to Ten Man Jam on February 15, 2024 at The Fillmore Detroit, 2115 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201. Winners will also receive an invitation for two (2) to attend the WYCD Teacher of the Week end of the year party on June 5, 2024 from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at MusicTown Detroit, located on the 2nd floor of Hockytown Cafe', 2301 Woodward Avenue, Detroit, MI. One entry per email address permitted. Tickets courtesy of WYCD and Live Nation. Approximate retail value = $79.00
12. Nominators are not entitled to any award or prize in this
Contest, even if their submission was selected as a winner and/or their
Nominee rejects the prize, does not complete the require paperwork on
time, or cannot be located.
13. The administrator and sponsor of this Contest are Audacy Michigan, LLC
d/b/a WYCD and Live Nation.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
14. The entry process may require Entrants to login to, or to create, a free
account with the third party provider of a software platform used by the Station
for such Contest(s) (“Software Provider”), by going to the Website, clicking
on the Contest entry link, and completing and submitting the online
registration form with all required information. a. Limit one (1) account with
the Software Provider per email address. b. Software Provider is not a
sponsor of this Contest, but Entrants may be required, as part of the entry
process, to agree and consent to the Software Provider’s terms of service
or account registration process (collectively, the “Software
Provider Policies”). c. If the Entrant elects to have their entry form pre-
loaded or pre-populated with information from the Entrant’s Facebook, Twitter,
Google, or LinkedIn profiles, such Entrant authorizes the Software Provider
and the Station to access, utilize and/or pre-load to such entry form,
applicable portions of Entrant’s profile information from such account.
d. While agreement to the Software Provider Policies may be required in
order to enter the Contest, the Software Provider Policies are not a part of
these Contest Rules but are a separate agreement between the Entrant and
Software Provider. In the event of any conflict between the Software Provider
Policies and the Rules, the Rules will govern. e. Station is not responsible
for any error or technical malfunctions associated with the Software Provider
site that may affect any Entrant’s ability to enter, to win, or to be properly
considered in the Contest, regardless of the cause. In the event of a
malfunction associated with the Software Provider site that the Station in its
sole and absolute discretion deems to materially and adversely affect the
Contest, the Station reserves the right to (1) suspend the Contest; (2)
terminate the Contest without a Winner; (3) terminate the Contest and select a
Winner early; (4) provide alternative means of entry; and/or make any other
changes to the Contest that the Station deems appropriate under the
circumstances. Any such changes, terminations or suspensions will be
published on the Contest Rules Page, and in the Station’s sole and absolute
discretion, may also be announced on-air, published elsewhere on the
Website, and/or published on social media. f. Employees of Software
Provider and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries,
advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family
members of each are not eligible to win in this Contest.
Otherwise WYCD General Contest Rules apply and are available HERE.