2-year-old boy revived after overdosing on Long Island

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – A 2-year-old boy was one of the latest victims of an overdose on Long Island who needed a shot of Narcan to be revived.

Suffolk County Police say the child lost consciousness after swallowing his mother’s methadone Friday night on Inwood Place in Melville.

The little boy was taken to Huntington Hospital and recovering after Narcan, also known as naloxone, was used to wake him up.

The Melville Volunteer Fire Department posted on Facebook what it called a “plea to all,” saying, “If you think that we don’t have an opioid epidemic right here in front of us, THINK AGAIN.”