NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Prosecutors indicted a 29-year-old man earlier this week for allegedly stabbing his 6-year-old quadriplegic son and then holding a 16-year-old girl hostage in his Bronx apartment.
According to Bronx prosecutors, Tyree Scott was arraigned Tuesday on charges including attempted murder in the second degree, assault, assault in the second degree and acting in a manner injurious to a child.
Scott was allegedly drinking and smoking pot with the teen girl around 5 p.m. on Feb. 1 in the apartment located at 944 Rogers Place in Longwood, the indictment said.
Scott allegedly met the teen on social media and she went to his apartment to smoke pot, according to officials.
He allegedly became angry and punched the girl in the face, took her phone and refused to let her leave, police said.
Scott gave the teen her phone back the following morning and told her to call 911 because he wanted to see "police officers and the news media in front of his home," police sources told the New York Post.
Prosecutors said that Scott refused to open the door and barricaded himself in the home with the girl and his 6-year-old son, then allegedly stabbed his son multiple times with a screwdriver, piercing his heart, according to court documents.
The boy was taken to Harlem Hospital in critical condition and needed surgery to repair the heart penetration, officials said.
"The defendant allegedly punched a teen girl and stabbed his own defenseless son, who is quadriplegic. The defendant also allegedly refused to let the victim and child leave his apartment when police arrived," Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark said in a statement. "Thankfully the boy survived but required surgery and is still hospitalized."
Scott was arrested on the scene and taken to Lincoln Hospital for a psychological evaluation, police said.
Bail for Scott was set at $500,000 following this week's arraignment and is due back in court in May.





