NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – Police are searching for three teens in a string of violent robberies at a Queens park this month.
There have been four robberies at Kissena Corridor Park in Flushing since Jan. 8, police said Sunday as they released surveillance images of the three suspects, who are believed to be between 16 and 19 years old.
The most recent robberies were last Friday, Jan. 15. Police said a 59-year-old man was in the park, near 56th Road and 146 Street, around 2:20 p.m. when three teen boys came up and punched him in the face. They stole the man's wallet with $150 in it and ran off, police said.
Around the same time that the 59-year-old man was robbed, a trio of teens assaulted an 18-year-old man as he rode his bicycle in the park, police said. The teens stole the man's wallet, which contained $23 and a debit card, then used the card that evening to purchase food at a pizza place several miles away in Briarwood, according to police.
Earlier in the month, on the evening of Jan. 11, a 58-year-old man was in the park, also near 56th Road and 146 Street, when he was approached by two teens who demanded money and punched him in the face, police said. The duo then stole the man's wallet containing $70 in cash and a gift card before fleeing on foot, according to police.
In the first attack on Jan. 8, a 21-year-old woman was in the park, near Oak Avenue and Colden Street, around 1 p.m. when one teen ran up to her and snatched a phone from her hand, police said. The teen fled the area in a gold-colored Toyota Camry, according to police.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.





