Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

NEW VIDEO: Gunman sought in fatal shooting of 15-year-old boy on East Harlem street

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) — The NYPD on Friday released footage of a suspected gunman sought in connection to the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old boy in East Harlem earlier this week.

The gunman opened fire while the teen, later identified as Amir James, and a 30-year-old man were standing near the corner of Lexington Avenue and East 123rd Street at around 10:30 p.m. on Monday, May 31, officials said.


Upon arrival, responding officers discovered the boy with gunshot wounds to the torso and the man had been struck in the right knee, authorities said.

EMS transported both victims to Harlem Hospital where James was pronounced dead on arrival, according to the NYPD.

The man's condition was described as "stable," the NYPD said.

Authorities believe the shooting was targeted, but it was not immediately clear which victim they believe was the intended target and it is unclear whether the two victims knew each other, according to a spokesperson for the NYPD.

Two Men Shot @CitizenApp

E 123rd St & Lexington Ave Yesterday 10:37:34 PM EDT

It was not immediately clear what led to the shooting and no arrests have been made as of Friday morning.

The NYPD described the suspect as a male, wearing a dark-colored baseball cap with an A's emblem, a black sweatshirt with white-colored lettering, black pants with patches, black and yellow sneakers, and cast on his right hand.

An investigation is ongoing and ayone with information is urged to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).