PASSAIC, N.J. (1010 WINS) -- A grand jury indicted a man on Wednesday, accused of sexually assaulting an 8-year-old child in a daycare run out of his home in New Jersey, officials said.
Juan Jimenez, 65, was indicted with multiple sex crimes, including first-degree aggravated sexual assault, two counts of second-degree sexual assault and two counts of second-degree endangering the welfare of a child, Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia M. Valdes said in a statement.
Officials arrested Jimenez last July for allegedly sexually assaulting an 8-year-old girl at a Passaic daycare center owned and operated by Jimenez's wife and is an accredited center for childcare, a spokeswoman for the office previously said.
According to the spokeswoman, it is not known if Jimenez was ever employed at the daycare, but he would often assist in babysitting there.
The alleged sexual assault happened between July 1, 2016 and July 17, 2020, the office said.
His attorney Victor Urbaez maintained his client's innocence.
"We stand firmly in the innocence of Mr. Jimenez," said Urbaez. "We plan to plead not guilty going forward, based on the fact that all indications are that he's innocent.
"This is an exemplary man all his life, loved by everyone in the community. Loved by everyone he's cared for currently and in the past," added Urbaez.





