A gender-reveal party in Canada was the source of an accident that quickly triggered a wildfire.
On May 31, a simple device that was just supposed to reveal pink or blue powder turned into an explosive, as it sparked a wildfire near Alberta.
According to New York Post, the fire grew to about an acre before it was extinguished. Global News further reported that Alberta Wildfire spokesman, Travis Fairweather, said the individuals responsible were fined $600, and could also be forced to pay the costs of fighting the fire.
Fairweather further explained, “While fireworks and exploding targets can be fun, they can also come with a hefty price tag if you inadvertently start a wildfire.”
Something to remember as we approach the July 4th weekend here in the States too.
In addition to this reveal mess and that disappointed dad, last September in El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa, CA, a group of relatives set off a pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal get together that also caused a huge fire.