A former cook for Hotel Figueroa in downtown L.A. is bringing a class action lawsuit against the hotel owners and the food operator who ran its bars and restaurants during her employment.
The hotel has been the site of controversy since the former food operator laid off all its employees in February.
Lauren Teukolsky, the attorney who filed the suit Tuesday, tells KNX News' Nataly Tavidian that the hotel violated the city's hotel worker retention ordinance meant to protect against mass layoffs.
Want to get caught up on what's happening in SoCal every weekday afternoon? Click to follow The L.A. Local wherever you get podcasts.
Teukolsky said, "The purpose of the ordinance is to ensure that when hotels change hands - a new owner or operator comes in and replaces the old owner or operator - the ordinance requires the new owner or operator to retain the workers that were previously employed."
She says the suit aims to get all those workers who were let go by the previous food and beverage operator their jobs back.
Follow KNX News 97.1 FM
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok




