Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Man accused of molesting 2 girls while working at Boys and Girls Club pleads not guilty

Eljah Domminic Barrera.
GARDEN GROVE POLICE DEPARTMENT

A 29-year-old man pleaded not guilty Monday to molesting two girls when he worked at a Boys & Girls Club in Garden Grove a decade ago.

Want to get caught up on what's happening in SoCal every weekday afternoon? Click to follow The L.A. Local wherever you get podcasts.

Elijah Domminic Barrera, who was arrested Friday, was charged Wednesday with three counts of lewd or lascivious acts with a minor younger than 14 and a count of attempted lewd act on a child younger than 14, all felonies.


He  is accused of molesting one girl when she was about 7 or 8 and another when she was about 6 in August of 2014, according to police. The criminal complaint alleges one of the girls was molested in January 2013 and the other was in September 2011.

One of the accusers contacted police in March of last year. While investigating her allegations, police got in touch with another girl who also said she was molested by the suspect, police said.

Police arrested Barrera just after noon Friday in the city of Orange and booked him on suspicion of two counts of lewd and lascivious acts with a child.

Barrera was scheduled in court next May 13 for a pretrial hearing in the West Justice Center in Westminster. He was ordered held on $1 million bail.

Police suspect there may be more victims and asked anyone with relevant information to call Detective Adam Nikolic at 714-741-5877 or email him at adamn@ggcity.org.

Follow KNX News 97.1 FM
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok