Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Orange County reports its third COVID-related death of a child under five

iStock/Getty Images
iStock/Getty Images

SANTA ANA, Calif. (KNX) — Public health officials in Orange County reported Thursday the death of a third local child younger than five due to complications related to COVID-19.

O.C. Health Care Agency officials said the child was among those who died last month, but did not release any identifying information, such as name or gender.


"We have lost another precious young life to this terrible virus; it is our third pediatric death in Orange County since the start of the pandemic," Dr. Clayton Chau, O.C. Health Care Agency director, said in a statement. "This is yet another somber reminder that we must continue to do everything we can to protect our loved ones, especially our little ones under 5 years of age who are not able to be vaccinated."

County officials have not reported the death of a child younger than five since August.

Follow KNX News 97.1 FM
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram