Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

San Marino police continue to investigate suspicious injuries

Police lights
Getty Images

San Marino police Tuesday were continuing to investigate injuries suffered by a man who was initially thought to have been the victim of a hit-and-run, but who may not have been struck by a vehicle at all.

According to the San Marino Police Department, officers responded around 8:55 a.m. Friday to Winston and Robles avenues on a report of a man lying in the intersection and in need of medical attention. Police said Friday the man had non-life-threatening injuries to his face and an arm.


Listen and subscribe to The L.A. Local podcast: your TL;DR for what's happening in Southern California

Officers who responded to the scene gathered initial information leading them to believe the man had been struck by a vehicle, police said in a statement released Tuesday. But now it is unclear if that was the case.

"At this time, it is unknown if a vehicle was involved, if the adult male was a victim of a crime, or if he had a medical emergency," according to police. "Detectives are searching and investigating all leads. The San Marino Police Department is requesting the community's assistance for any witnesses or individuals who may have information related to this incident."

Anyone with information was asked to contact Detective Burgos at 626- 300-0719 and refer to DR#23-0780. Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-8477.

Follow KNX News 97.1 FM
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok