Michael Irvin speaks with 105.3 The Fan about incident involving woman at Arizona hotel


Former Dallas Cowboys receiver Michael Irvin will not appear on the NFL Network for the rest of Super Bowl week after a woman complained about his conduct during a brief conversation the two had on Sunday night in a hotel lobby, the Dallas Morning News reported on Wednesday.

“Michael Irvin will not be a part of NFL Network’s Super Bowl LVII week coverage,” said Alex Riethmiller, NFL Media vice president of communications, in a statement.

When asked what the woman had alleged, the network didn't comment.

Irvin joined 105.3 The Fan's coverage on Radio Row at the Super Bowl before the report came out and spoke about being in limbo until the situation was resolved.

"Well, guys, there's a lot going on. I don't know whether you guys heard or not. I wanted to do your show just to share with you ... You guys haven't heard that Sunday night ... I went out with (former Cowboys safety) Michael Brooks. I don't remember, but I guess when I came in [to the hotel], they asked (NFL Network), 'What did you do (last night)?' I said, 'I went straight to the room," Irvin told Shan, RJ and Bobby.

"But I guess I had talked to somebody in the lobby for about a minute, and then I went to my room. And after I got off the air [the next day], they said, 'come on, we got to move you to another hotel.'

"So they moved my hotel, and I said, 'What's going on, guys? What's happening? Why are we moving hotels?' And they said, 'well, last night, you walked in - did you talk to somebody?' And I said, 'I didn't talk to anybody. I went straight to my room.'

"And then they showed on camera I did talk to somebody. I talked to this girl for about a minute. They didn't show [me the video]. They told me [that I was on video talking to her]. I don't know what she looks like or anything. But that's why they moved me. Because the girl said I said something to her in that minute we talked.

"I thought you guys would have heard about it, so that's why I wanted to come on and talk to you guys about it. I don't know what the plan is for the rest of the week. ... You should be hearing it, you should know about it because that's exactly what's happening. And that's why I'm just kind of hiding and waiting to see how everything comes down. ... It was a minute meeting somewhere in the lobby. I don't even remember it really because I had a few drinks to tell you the truth."

In a statement to the Dallas Morning News, Irvin said there "absolutely was no sexual wrongdoing" and "there was definitely nothing physical" that occurred between himself and the woman.

Irvin did say that video showed him shaking hands with her before he left.

The Dallas Morning News reached out to Glendale police and other police officials, but no agency had any knowledge of the incident involving Irvin.

Featured Image Photo Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports