Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

18-year-old pleads guilty to some charges in Northeast Philly bus stop shooting that injured 8 students

Jaamal Tucker
Jaamal Tucker
Philadelphia Police Department

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — One of the men charged in the Northeast Philadelphia bus stop shooting that injured eight students earlier this year has pleaded guilty to some of the charges on Tuesday, as the rest of the defendants await their day in court.

Authorities said 18-year-old Jaamal Tucker was the getaway driver in the March 6 mass shooting at Cottman and Rising Sun avenues. He pleaded guilty to attempted murder, aggravated assault, conspiracy, simple assault and several counts of reckless endangerment.


The rest of the charges against him were tossed — but it was not a negotiated deal with prosecutors.

Tucker was one of the first suspects arrested in the case. The other defendants — Anhile Buggs, Jermahd Carter and Asir Boone — face similar charges, including attempted murder, aggravated assault, conspiracy and gun offenses.

From left: Ahnile Buggs, Jamaal Tucker, Jermahd Carter and Asir BooneFrom left: Ahnile Buggs, Jamaal Tucker, Jermahd Carter and Asir BoonePhiladelphia Police Department

A fifth suspect, who police said acted as a lookout during the shooting, was also arrested in March. The teenager is not being named due to his age.

Tucker is set to be sentenced in October.