Davante Adams facing potential suspension after shoving cameraman

By , Audacy Sports

The NFL is reportedly investigating after Raiders star wide receiver Davante Adams shoved a photographer moments after his team's heartbreaking loss to the Chiefs on Monday Night Football.

Podcast Episode
Pick Six NFL
Raiders-Chiefs Week 5 MNF Recap: Questionable Roughing the Passer call, Kelce scores 4 times, and Josh Jacobs had a career night (Football 10/11)
Listen Now
Now Playing
Now Playing

Adams, now in his first year in Las Vegas after establishing himself as one of the league's top wideouts with the Green Bay Packers, sent the man flying backward after he appeared to briefly impede Adams' trek to the locker room following the Chiefs' thrilling 30-29 win at Arrowhead Stadium.

The 29-year-old, two-time All-Pro apologized to the man twice after the game -- first at a postgame press conference with reporters, then on social media.

"Sorry to the guy I pushed over after the game," Adams tweeted. "Obviously very frustrated at the way the game ended and when he ran infront of me as I exited that was my reaction and I felt horrible immediately. Thats not me..MY APOLOGIES man hope you see this."

According to TMZ Sports, the cameraman filed a police report soon after the incident. The man was transported to a hospital with "non-life-threatening" injuries, and police were investigating the incident, authorities reportedly told the outlet.

Meanwhile, NFL Network reporter Tom Pelissero reported early Tuesday morning that the league was reviewing the episode, and Adams was likely facing a fine and potentially a suspension.

For Adams, the ugly incident came after a huge game in which he reeled in three catches for 124 yards and two touchdowns. He also drew two long pass interference penalties against Chiefs defenders on one of the Raiders' first-half scoring drives.

But Adams' breakout game was not enough to push the Raiders past their division rivals. The Chiefs rallied from a 10-point halftime deficit to eke out a one-point win, capped by a failed two-point conversion try by the Raiders after their final touchdown with about four and a half minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

LISTEN on the Audacy App
Sign Up and Follow Audacy Sports
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Featured Image Photo Credit: USA Today