October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the annual campaign to raise awareness and help fund research for prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of the disease.
There are also plenty of local Atlanta options for showing your support:
1. Atlanta: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer WalkSaturday, October 23rd at Atlantic Station.
Join this 5K walk, donate to a team, or volunteer to support the American Cancer Society's mission to end breast cancer:
2. Decatur: Breast Cancer Walk Striding for a Cure - Join us to celebrate our annual Exchange Park Recreation Center Breast Cancer Walk/Run at 9:00 a.m. on October 16th. Participants may register for the event from 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Walk with your community to help free the world from cancer. Your participation will help us support patients and spread the word about prevention.We also encourage patrons to attend our Family Fun Day/ Fall Festival and Art in the Park event from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Enjoy a day of fun with the entire family! This festival includes several fun activities such as arts & crafts, games, food and much more! Exchange Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
3. Atlanta: Pilates for a Cause: Breast Cancer Awareness: Benefiting the American Cancer Society
We have partnered with BIOLYTE to share our support for Breast Cancer. Join us for a special Pilates session for a cause. Wear your favorite PINK attire. Refreshments provided by BIOLYTE. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society. Members: $15 Non-Members: $20 10/15 6:30-7:30 pm
Contact the studio today to book your reformer and give back to this amazing cause. email@example.com or 404-956-7144
Fri Oct 15 2021 at 6:15 pm to 7:15 pm
Club Pilates Buckhead 2391 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305-4147
4. McDonough: "Runway For Hope" Charity Dinner and Fashion Show
Sat, October 23, 2021 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
TEG Event Studio 2000 Hwy 42 North, McDonough, GA 30253
A night of support, food and entertainment to bring awareness to breast cancer! Join the Cancelled Culture for the "Runway Of Hope" Charity Dinner and Fashion Show for a night that's sure to be memorable! It's a night of dinner, giveaways, live entertainment , support and awareness for breast cancer. Come out and support some amazing Survivors as they walk the "the Pink carpet." It's an event you don't want to miss! COVID Precautions will be in place. Semi Formal attire, but dress to impress! Let's wear pink, white or nude colors in support of cancer awareness!
"Proceeds will benefit the Shine Bright Like A Diamond Foundation which supports breast cancer survivors.”
5. Jonesboro: PINK OUT AFFAIR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS
The First Annual Pink Out Affair is an event filled with fun games and prizes. There will be a bra canvas decorating kits and paint kits for the attendee. There will be raffle tickets available and prizes for the games played. Men and women are welcome. There will be hors d'oeuvre served as well with wine or non alcoholic beverages available. Sat Oct 9 2021 at 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
244 N Main St, 244 North Main Street, Jonesboro
6. Gwinnett: Walk the Talk - Free! Hit the trail, get moving and get informed! Join Live Healthy Gwinnett for Walk the Talk on Saturday, 10/9 from 8:00am-9:00am at Alexander Park! Take a walk with knowledgeable health professionals and learn about the importance of breast cancer awareness with Northside Gwinnett Hospital. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a water bottle.
Call 770.822.3197 for additional information.
7. Peachtree City: 3rd Annual HaHa's for TaTa's
Thursday, Oct 14, 2021 at 06:00 pm
Grazing Here, 2850 Georgia 54, Peachtree City, GA
Join us as we Laugh in the Face of adversity while supporting WCR, Southside Support and Breast Cancer Survivors Network.
8. Conyers: Annual Breast Cancer Walk
Johnson Park 1781 Ebenezer Rd., Conyers, GA 30094
Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 10:45 am
Created by: City of Refuge Deliverance Ministries
9. Woodstock: Beating 4 A Cure Inc. 1st Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Event
Saturday, October 23, 2021 at 1:00 pm.
1380 Dupree Rd, Woodstock, GA 30189-3657.
Join us in the fight against Breast Cancer #Beating4ACureInc.
10. McDonough: PAINT THE TOWN PINK
Sunday, October 24, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
PAINT THE TOWN PINK - FIGHT BREAST CANCER
All are welcome to attend this event. Join us for painting, fun and raising money for a good cause. Sign up for a special Painting With a Purpose event at Painting with a Twist in Mcdonough, GA, with a portion of the proceeds benefiting your favorite charity. "We believe that people bring out the best in each other. Therefore, our mission is to build a community of caring, by people helping people. Most charities receives very little funding from federal, state or county governments. The vital services we offer to our community, are made possible by the thoughtful generosity of our supporters. A portion of the proceeds will be donated towards this worthy cause. We will create fabulous art and meet new friends during the pARTy. Please add reservation notes for any special requests. **Snacks and Beverages allowed** We look forward to painting with you!