The market for free agent wide receivers picked up this week after a sluggish start, but one notable veteran remains without a home.
Three-time Pro Bowler Odell Beckham is still seeking to latch on somewhere after sitting out the entirety of the 2022 season due to a knee injury suffered with the Rams in Super Bowl LVI.
But Beckham's return could be complicated by his steep asking price of a $20 million salary, which was reported last week by Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
However, on Saturday, Beckham took to social media and appeared to deny that report. He also seemed to suggest he'd received an offer for $4 million, which he said "AINT enough."
"I’m just so confused where the quote is from me tht said I want 20," Beckham tweeted. "…..all I’m sayin is 4 AINT enough."
It was unclear which team had offered Beckham $4 million.
According to Florio, Beckham is unlikely to receive a $20 million offer without first establishing that he can still play at a high level. More likely, Florio said, Beckham would receive a one-year, "prove-it" type of arrangement.
It was unclear which teams are interested in securing Beckham's services for next season.
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, for one, told reporters during the NFL Scouting Combine that his team was still interested in OBJ, after midseason talks trailed off without a contract. As well, ESPN's Diana Russini reported that Aaron Rodgers had included Beckham on a "wish list" he'd relayed to Jets brass in the event of a trade to New York.
Beckham, formerly with the Giants and Browns, turns 31 next season. Despite coming off an injury that cost him all of 2022, the relatively shallow market for free agent wide receivers may be working in his favor, with several top names coming off the board this week in Jakobi Meyers, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Allen Lazard.
LISTEN NOW on the Audacy App
Sign Up and Follow Audacy Sports
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram