6 rings: Do the Patriots have enough?
The Patriots got back to work on Wednesday, as they should after starting the season 0-2.
The team will practice through Friday before heading to New York on Saturday for their week three contest versus the Jets at the Meadowlands, their first of two matchups this season.
Here’s everything that stood out from the Patriots’ first practice session of week three:
Absent: CB Marcus Jones, DT Davon Godchaux
PUP: S Cody Davis, DE Trey Flowers
IR: WR Tyquan Thornton, OT Riley Reiff, CB Jack Jones
- Marcus Jones, who injured his shoulder during Sunday's loss to Miami, was absent from practice.
- DT Davon Godchaux was also absent, but this was likely excused for the birth of his child.
- Brown and Sidy Sow, who were both dealing with concussions last week, were back on the practice field on Wednesday.
- On Tuesday, the Patriots agreed to terms with left tackle Trent Brown on a new contract. The deal allows him to earn up to $13 million this season.
- The team released quarterbacks Matt Corral and Ian Book on Monday. While reports originally surfaced that the Corral signed back to the practice squad, it has since come out that that will not happen.