Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Road rage dispute over lane on Southfield Freeway leads to shots fired, MSP says

A dispute over a lane on the Southfield Freeway on Wednesday morning lead to a suspect attempting to run another driver off the road and shots fired, Michigan State Police said in an update.
WWJ's Charlie Langton

DETROIT (WWJ) - A dispute over a lane on the Southfield Freeway on Wednesday morning lead to a suspect attempting to run another driver off the road and shots fired, Michigan State Police said in an update.

Troopers said the road rage incident occurred around 6:40 a.m. on Jan. 11 in the northbound lanes of M-39 exiting onto I-96. The area is currently closed as MSP conducts an investigation.


Based on preliminary information collected so far, troopers said the lane dispute escalated and the suspect tried to force the victim off the road with their vehicle.

"The suspect then pulled along the side of the victim's vehicle and fired several shots at the victim," troopers said. "The victim's vehicle was struck multiple times, but the victim was not struck or injured."

State police reiterated that the M-39 exits to east I-96 remain closed to traffic as they conduct a shell casing search.

At this time, the suspect remains at large. Troopers said they are trying to identify the suspect vehicle.

The investigation remains ongoing. No other information was released by authorities.

This is a developing story. Stay tuned to WWJ live for updates.