SHELBY TWP. (WWJ) – A Warren man could be looking at life in prison after allegedly killing his own mother-in-law last week.
Kenneth McDonald, 41, is being held without bond after being arraigned Monday in Shelby District Court on one count of second-degree murder
The prosecutor's office says McDonald strangled his 79-year-old mother-in-law to death at her Shelby Twp. home last Thursday.
Authorities were called to the home on Stoney Brook Drive near 21 Mile and Hayes Roads after the woman was found dead.
After investigators deemed the death suspicious, police worked through the night and ultimately identified McDonald as a suspect and he was arrested on Friday, officials said over the weekend.
A possible motive in the case has not been released.
"A son-in-law is expected to show respect to his mother-in-law, just as he would to his own mother. We are committed to ensuring justice prevails in this case," Macomb County Prosecutor Pete Lucido said in a press release.
McDonald is scheduled for a probable cause hearing on Oct. 30.




