Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Warren man bound over to Macomb County Circuit Court for allegedly shooting and killing wife

Close up of man
Antonio Askew
Mug shot via Warren Police

(MOUNT CLEMENS) WWJ- A Warren man, accused of shooting and killing his wife, has been bound over to Macomb County Circuit Court.

Prosecutors said Antonio Askew, 41, shot and killed his wife, Eboni Askew, 34. It happened in their Warren home on Pearl Avenue, near Nine Mile and Dequinde, on February 16 at approximately 9 p.m. He's charged with Second Degree Murder (life felony) and Felony Firearm (two year mandatory felony).


According to the Macomb Daily, police arrived to find the victim dead in a bedroom. The outlet reported the suspect handed a gun to police at the scene and admitted to killing his wife. Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer told the Macomb Daily that the victim called police earlier that day because the suspect was "breaking plates and throwing things."

This was Warren's first murder of the year, Dwyer said.

Three of her children were in the home at the time of the shooting, the Warren Weekly reported.

"The tragic and senseless killing of this woman, allegedly by her husband, underscores the urgent need to end domestic violence in our community," Macomb County Prosecutor Peter J. Lucido. "We are committed to seeking justice for the victim and her family, and we will not rest until this epidemic of violence is eradicated."

Askew was originally arraigned in Warren 37th District Court in February, and given a $500,000 bond.

He will be arraigned again on June 24, 2024 by Macomb County Circuit Court by the Honorable Judge Kathryn Viviano. Prosecutors have not said why he is being bound over.