Hank Williams, Jr. brought the OC Fair's concert season to a close when he played the Pacific Amphitheatre Thursday night (September 23rd). Although the fair had been over for a couple of weeks, the fair atmosphere was still very much in place, especially with this group of loyal and rowdy fans who put on a show in the stands that rivaled the show on the stage.
Hank, Jr. showed off his prowess on his guitar, aided by his wildly talented band, but his range of skills was on display when he took over the piano for versions of his father's "Your Cheating Heart" and Chuck Berry's "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On." Then there was his acoustic performance of a medley of hits like "Tear in My Beer," "All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down," "A Country Boy Can Survive," and a nod to his godmother June Carter Cash with "I Walk the Line."
The legendary country artist noted that he doesn't play a lot of shows these days, so the ones he does are ones that he chooses, and clearly, the audience in Costa Mesa was all about that.
1. Are You Ready for the Country
2. O.D.'d in Denver
3. Too Many Highs and Too Many Lows
4. Whiskey Bent and Hell Bound
5. Move It On Over / Mind Your Own Business (Hank Williams, Sr. covers)
6. The Conversation
7. Just Call Me Hank
8. All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight
9. I Like Girls
11. Your Cheating Heart (Hank Williams, Sr. cover) / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (Chuck Berry cover)
12. Outlaw Women / Dinosaur / Tear in My Bear / All My Rowdy Friends Have Settled Down / I Walk the Line (Johnny Cash cover) / A Country Boy Can Survive
13. Born to Boogie
14. Walk This Way (Aerosmith cover)
15. Cat Scratch Fever (Ted Nugent cover)
16. Family Tradition
17. Hey Good Lookin' (Hank Williams, Sr. cover)