After being chased from their high-rise apartment building Tuesday, dozens of Fort Worth residents were allowed to go back home yesterday.
On Tuesday, a two-block perimeter of downtown Fort Worth was evacuated because of a gas leak. The evacuees included residents of The Tower on Taylor Street, a 35-floor condo building.
Residents were told to get out fast with many leaving with little more than the clothes they were wearing and their pets.
They had to find accommodations overnight but were permitted to come home yesterday after firefighters and Atmos workers fixed the gas leak caused by a construction crew that ruptured an underground gas line.
LISTEN on the Audacy App